We promise you a warm welcome at St. Oswald’s R.C. Primary and Nursery School. We are situated on the outskirts of Accrington with glorious views of the Oswaldtwistle moors and the Hyndburn area.
We are a welcoming, inclusive setting where every pupil is nurtured to achieve their very best both academically and pastorally.
St. Oswald’s welcomes children from all faiths and cultures.
Standards in the school are high and our priority is to provide the very best all round education for our children. We provide a curriculum that will challenge and inspire our pupils and enthuse their learning.
We are very proud to be able to say that on average our children have made the highest levels of expected progress across Key Stage Two in all subjects for the last four years out of all 26 local Primary schools in Accrington and its surrounding areas which is testament to the hard work of our children and staff, and valued support from our parents and governors.
We are also currently the only Primary school locally to have state of the art 3G astroturf football pitches.
If you are a prospective parent currently looking for an “Outstanding” all round faith based education for your family please contact Mrs. Marcroft in the School Office.
Mrs. C. Kippax
We provide a Nursery education for children from the age of three with fully qualified teachers and nursery nurses. 15 hours of nursery education free of charge. Please ring 01254 234924 for further information.
If your child is due to start school in September 2017, please apply online at www.lancashire.gov.uk/schools before Sunday 15th January 2017.
You are very welcome to contact school (01254 234924) to arrange a visit and see the school in action!
We are very proud of our Y6 children who achieved the following combined results:-
Wonderful KS2 SATs Results 2016!
National: 53% achieved the standard
Lancashire: 53.4% achieved the standard
St. Oswald's: 75% achieved the standard
Please look under 'Performance' for a more detailed breakdown!
* Christmas Fair Friday 2nd December : 3 p.m. - 4.15 p.m.
* Tuesday 6th December : St Oswald's Choir at Accrington Town Hall : Community Carol singing
* Wednesday 14th December : 11 a.m. & 2.15 p.m. : Nursery performances
* Wednesday 14th December : Mount Carmel 7 p.m. Carol Concert
* Thursday 15th December : KS2 visit The Lowry ' Horrible Christmas'
* Friday 16th December : Christmas Jumper Day
* Monday 19th December 2.15 p.m. Infant Production
* Tuesday 20th December 2.15 & 6 p.m. Junior Production
* Wednesday 21st December : Christmas Parties / Christmas Lunch
* Wednesday 21st December 3 p.m. School closes and re-opens on Monday 9th January.
HELP! Empty shoe-boxes please! Week commencing 7th November, the School Council will be collecting gifts / items for gift boxes for our housebound / people on their own at Christmas / the lonely. Please support this very worthy cause. Thank you.
Christmas Gift Boxes!