We promise you a warm welcome at St. Oswald’s R.C. Primary and Nursery School. We are situated on the outskirts of Accrington with glorious views of the Oswaldtwistle moors and the Hyndburn area.
We are a welcoming, inclusive setting where every pupil is nurtured to achieve their very best both academically and pastorally.
St. Oswald’s welcomes children from all faiths and cultures.
Standards in the school are high and our priority is to provide the very best all round education for our children. We provide a curriculum that will challenge and inspire our pupils and enthuse their learning.
We are very proud to be able to say that on average our children have made the highest levels of expected progress across Key Stage Two in all subjects for the last four years out of all 26 local Primary schools in Accrington and its surrounding areas which is testament to the hard work of our children and staff, and valued support from our parents and governors.
We are also currently the only Primary school locally to have state of the art 3G astroturf football pitches.
If you are a prospective parent currently looking for an “Outstanding” all round faith based education for your family please contact Mrs. Marcroft in the School Office.
Mrs. C. Kippax
We provide a Nursery education for children from the age of three with fully qualified teachers and nursery nurses. 15 hours of nursery education free of charge. Please ring 01254 234924 for further information.
If your child is due to start school in September 2017, please apply online at www.lancashire.gov.uk/schools before Sunday 15th January 2017.
You are very welcome to contact school (01254 234924) to arrange a visit and see the school in action!
We are very proud of our Y6 children who achieved the following combined results:-
Wonderful KS2 SATs Results 2016!
National: 53% achieved the standard
Lancashire: 53.4% achieved the standard
St. Oswald's: 75% achieved the standard
Please look under 'Performance' for a more detailed breakdown!
• Tomorrow (Friday) Own Clothes Day - £1 ‘fine’ or a raffle prize please for the PTFA Christmas Fair. Please make sure the children wear something warm enough to be able to play outside.
• Wed. 26th October – Class 3 (Mrs Mackey) – Parents invited to come in for a ‘Stay & Play’ – 1.30 to 3 p.m.
• Thursday 27th October – Parents’ Evening – appts out today / tomorrow..
• Friday 28th October : 9 a.m. – Class 4 Assembly
• Friday 28th October : 3 p.m. to 4.15 p.m. – PTFA Halloween Disco - £1.50 – refreshments provided. (Reception to Year 6).
• Monday 31st October – Friday 4th November – Half-term.